Another Paris church this time the former 'Church of Kings',Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois, which sits opposite the Palais du Louvre on Place de Louvre. There has been a place of worship here since the 8th century this was destroyed during the Norman invation at the end of the 9th century.
It took until the 11th centuy before it was rebuilt, it was then modified in the first half of the12th century and then again in 14th and 16th century. The church was badly damaged during the French Revolution and converted into a feed store and then print house before being restored between 1838 and 1855.
It was during the 14th century That the church became the Royal parish during when the Royals moved to the Louvre.
You enter the church through a porch consisting of five arches front and two side arcades.
..The nave of the church.
Only a two of the original 17th cwntury stained glass windows remain within the apse of the church
There are two impressive, if shallow, side chapels.
The organ in the church was originally intended for Sainte Chapelle.
The church sits beside the Marie of the 1st arrondissement and with the bell tower separating them gives it a symmetrical look.. Legend has it that the bell of St-Germain l'Auxerrois was used as a signal to begin the St.Bartholomew's day massacre in 1572.