Wednesday 10 April 2013

It's a dog's life...

Following on from yesterday's post I thought I'd share this pic. taken on a recent walk plus also ask the question...why do French people have dogs?


The reason I ask is that often when we are out walking it's difficult to pass a house without having a barking dog asking "what on earth you are doing here?"(in dog language, ie barking furiously), especially in some remote countryside location.We also notice there is a tendency for owners here to leave their dogs outside often with a pathetic cry for attention being heard for long periods. This pair only looked, unusually silent but no less forlorn.

Apparently,according to this site  61.4% of French dog owners have them 'Because I love animals' and the rest 'For my personal well-being' (guard dogs). With the odd exception we only seem to come across the latter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment