Wednesday 6 May 2015

Behind the walls...


image capture:Jul 2013 © 2015 Google

One of the few good things about my rather dreich visit to La Roche Posay on Friday was finding the rear entrance to Le jardin des Lys open and being the nosey person I am I took the few steps up into what is the gardens of this establishment (chambre d'hotes and apartments)...

...and what a pleasant surprise.




You would never know from the front of the building that these gardens were available to you, it must be lovely in summertime.



As I was taking these shots the lady of the house invited me to take a closer look...


 ...this is the view from their rear terrace.


 I was delighted when she invited me in to have a look around...


...very nice.


They provide apartments and chambre d'hotes and its restaurant offers meals but its reviews on 'Tripadvisor' (if they are to be believed) do not make you want to go there...despite its appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment