Sunday 6 January 2019

Paper Roses - In the blood.



Recently the subject of my local football team, Kilmarnock F.C. (Killie) came up in a discussion with friends over here and I was explaining that our club song happened to be Marie Osmond's 'Paper Roses' though I wasn't sure why as supporters, we had adopted it...but it is! As the club starts to celebrate 150 years in existence it is great to see them enjoying one of their best seasons in a very, very long time. 




Fans singing paper roses after winning league cup way back in 2012.

I am proud of the fact that Paul our oldest son also has Killie in his blood and didn't follow the route of many locals who sent their support up the road to Glasgow to bask in the success of the 'Old Firm'. Michael and Mara didn't follow suit, probably had more sense! I have a couple of memories of Michael's attendance at 'Rugnby Park', the teams home ground. One, when were winning a game to get promotion, he was caught on camera reading a book as Killie scored the winning goal. On another occasion as we sat one evening in freezing temperatures watching a 0-0 game against 'Hearts', he asked "dad why do you do this?", at the time I was stumped for an answer but what I should have said  was it was 'in my blood!' 
'Away the Killie'



No comments:

Post a Comment