Friday 8 February 2019

Cleaning up in the dedication stakes...


Le Grand-Pressigny has sub-contracted its road sweeping and we catch site of this fellow running through the village streets keeping then in order. Now, I had noticed a lot of garden debris along the kerb on Ave Andre Theuriet, probably off a trailer on its way to the decheterie and wondered when it would be cleaned up. It wasn't long until I heard the drone of the sweeper going down one side and back up the other. I did notice however that my parked car wasn't allowing him to clean the area underneath it (obviously) so he'd had to sweep around it. As he continued down the road I nipped out and moved my car in the hope he would see it on the way back up - albeit he would then be on the wrong side of the road. Being obviously conscientious he made a point of breaking off to cross over and finish the job...much impressed. 

3 comments:

  1. Even sub contractors have pride in their work and the local environment.... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he was probably impressed with you being conscientious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I hear them going past my house fairly often. They do a very good job of keeping the road gutters clear.

    ReplyDelete