Monday 7 November 2016

What's in a name...

When we were out on Friday night to listen to Les Fortune Tellers  the discussion came around to what type of music the daughter of Caroline, a big Rolling Stones fan was into - not so much the RS but understandably  more of her own generation. One of the bands she does like is 'The Red Hot Chilli Peppers' which reminded me of the conversation Pauline and I had on her return from her last visit to Scotland.

She said that she was surprised to read on a poster that they, 'The Red Hot Chilli Peppers' were coming to play in Ayr town hall in December. Not wishing to disbelieve her I asked her if she was sure as I doubted why an international band of their calibre should play such a small provincial town. I decided to check it out for myself.

She had got it wrong - it was actually 'The Red Hot Chilli Pipers', great but not quite the same!

1 comment: