Friday 12 November 2021

In need of a Super Sleauth!


We were up at Montlouis-sur-Loire yesterday and as we needed fuel I decided we should try and find Super U in the town - something that had eluded us in the past (was sure they were lying to us). Now it should be straight forward, as you approach the town from the direction of Tours you arrive at traffic lights at the junction by Lidl, turn right and just a few yards up the road you come across the above sign - ah,only 2 mins, that should be easy!


As I said I had tried before and failed, I know, switch on Sat-Nav but hey, my masculine intuition kicks in and I need help from no one.
The route had occasional help with little 'super' signs but if any of you have driven in the town even they seemed a little distracting. We enrolled the help of a local who waved us off with a knowing smile  and a 'tout droit' in what was the correct direction but the twists and turns of the town meant that was impossible. Eventually,seemed like an eternity, I had to give in to Sat-Nav as Pauline thought I would explode with rage or worse! BTW it is a lie,it's 5 mins ! Is this the worst place to drive through in Touraine? 

1 comment:

  1. Montlouis is very challenging to find your way around! We've got lost there a time or two before now!
    I love those supermarket advertising signs that say it's only two or five minutes away. It always takes at least treble the amount of time and sometimes we never find it!

    ReplyDelete