Wednesday 15 November 2017

A trip to Tours...



Yesterday Pauline and I took the bus from Le Grand-Pressigny up to Tours (at 2.40 euro each way, why wouldn't you?) where we had a busy afternoon...



visiting the small market on Boulevard Herteloup...



did some touristy things...


did a lot of walking...



had lunch at the first restaurant we ever ate at in the city (scarily 14 years ago!)...



followed by more walking...



and *church visiting



and even more walking, this time over the river Loire...


so much walking that Pauline was reduced to a shadow!

*footnote 

As we were walking towards the church of Saint Julien I said to Pauline "I wonder if I'll ever get to see inside there" as the last few times we have come up to Tours it has been on a Tuesday which means, as the church is a national monument, it is closed. On other visits we have also found it closed. No sooner had I said it than I noticed workmen bringing gear out of the church...a polite request and I was in there...more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment