The church of Saint Malo in Dinan was built in 1490 on land located inside the ramparts of the town to replace a more exposed church outside the walls that had been destroyed. The choir, apse and transept were built during the 15th century in a flamboyant Gothic style.By the end of the 16th century, the nave was still incomplete and hard to imagine, the church had a simple thatched roof.
During the French Revolution almost all the original furnishing and religious works of art were destroyed, burned or soldand the church was converted into a stable and forge. During this period the nave and the tower were destroyed by a fire.
The granite altar is fairly modern dating from 1955
There is a an impressive collection of 19th and 20th century stained glass windows...
Where's Joan...nowhere to be seen here!
The English organ was built in 1889.