Sunday 23 November 2014

Church on Sunday...

 When we were at the brocante in L'Île-Bouchard on the 11th I was 'encouraged' into the  church of St Gilles  by one of local parishioners who was bestowing its virtues...of which it has many.


I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had already visited the church.


Lovely as it is...


...with its shrine to the Virgin Mary where she appeared to children of the town in 1947.


Plus its new shrine to a canonised wife and husband who's names sadly I have forgot, where you can pray for families.


 There is also an interesting baptismal arch which contains the original 'Virgin' which marked the spot where she appeared prior to the new one being commissioned.

``

I was reminded of what a pretty Joan they had here.


No comments:

Post a Comment