Thursday 23 May 2019

A little bit of history...


We had intended working in the garden last Saturday after our guests left the Old Walnut Mill but the rain put paid to that so we returned to La Guerche for the afternoon and had a rare afternoon to relax. It is not as if we don't have anything to do at 'the project' but we are now in a position where can decide when and if. What I decided to do was connected to our house here - when emptying the attic of what was the former grocer's shop I had found empty bottles, crates and packaging which I decided to keep a hold of (as if Pauline is not stufficating enough?) and use in some way as a homage to the former use of the house. Above is a collage of some of the packaging which now hangs in our office which was formerly part of the shop.  

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea of using the packaging to make a picture. Unique and apt. I bet it's a nice feeling to be able to have the time to do things like that occasionally. It's something I very much look forward to myself now that we have finally drawn a line under the "doing up" chez nous!

    ReplyDelete