Sunday 1 December 2019

Our most bizarre gig?


Dominique and I were asked at short notice to provide some music at the Bar de L'Union at Paulmy last night. It has to reopen its doors at least once a year in order to maintain its license. As we drove up on a very wet November evening it looked enchanting.


The mayor had erected a chapiteau in front of the bar as with the alterations it was now a fraction of the size it used to be. We had to set up inside the tent with heavy rain battering it from the outside with a couple of paraffin heaters to save us from hypothermia! 


I did our first set with my jacket on before braving it for the second - our small audience were well wrapped up for the occasion! Before we started the locals were kind enough to provide a meal for us which included some very welcoming hot soup! We have to thank the brave souls who ventured out on what was a horrible night to support us and the mayor. During the gig I was just thinking how friends of ours were performing not too far away over in a warm hall in Bossée - and feeling very jealous.

*Pics 2 & 3 courtesy of  our friend Fabrice.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you Jim that the hall at Bossée was indeed warm and welcoming. I don't envy your experience of last night, but I have no doubt that your songs were really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete