Friday 25 May 2012

The sound of silence...

Colin's post on his 'Black Redstart' house guest meant me not posting a similar thing last week. We had them nesting in our barn, so when I went off to Paris last Thursday I left the barn doors slightly ajar so as the young birds could be attended to. The reason for posting now is that on my return I missed the activity and sharp call of the birds that had greeted me on a daily basis for the last week or so.Could the young all have flown the nest in the time I was away? Or had David's cat played a part in their destiny? Unfortunately I could not get up to check the nest as a friend of mine (you know who you are) has my extending ladder out on loan.

In the days before I left for Paris I had made a number of attempts to catch one of them on camera - with little success - quick little birds! 





Here is one of it just having left the top of the lucarne...


 here is one of it just having left the top of the barn door...


here's where it sat on the inside of the door,although not long enough!


Ah got it at last - hope the cat didn't! 



No comments:

Post a Comment