Sunday 27 November 2011

Lunch over in a flash...

A few Sundays ago as we were out and about, we decided to try the Auberge Saint Nicholas, part of the 'Logis hotel' group, in the nearby village of  Preuilly-sur-Claise.


We had eaten at a couple of other restaurants in the village before but had not tried here. I would have to admit that in the past we were slightly put of by its rather drab exterior but at a recent fund raiser held by our friend Denise we were introduced  to a charming French lady who,while talking about restaurants in the local area, recommended it.

The inside of the restaurant was very pleasant and belied its dull exterior










The food was good local Tourangelle fare with a lunch menu priced at 18.00 euros (Sunday) plus good value wine by the carafe. Before I took the photographs I did, as I usually do, ask the lady 'front of house' if this was ok. She asked if I could perhaps wait a little while before dong this, I thought perhaps to allow the few other diners time settle into their lunch. When we had just finished our deserts madame presented herself to say she was ready to be photographed! Slightly embarrassed (not as much as she) I explained it was in fact the restaurant interior I was after as subject matter! She did take it well however and I now feel we should go back and take her photograph - maybe she is/was someone famous and is used to being asked to be photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment